Thursday, May 17, 2012

Movie 06/50 Dhanwaan

Dhanwaan        fiftyfiftyme category: Major



As part of my fiftyfiftyme challenge, I decided to catch up with some Karisma Kapoor films. I started with this one, and ended up being pleasantly surprised. It's formulaic and predictable overall, but had a few  noteworthy redeeming features. First, it's comedy elements were actually funny for the most part.Second its starts all look very good - Urmila quite distressingly so. Third, and most important, its ending was intelligent and sensible. I don't want to give it away in case there are any Urmila, Ajay or Lolo fans reading this who haven't seen it, but  I thought I knew how this was going to end, and it let me think that right up until almost the very end, then pulled out a filmi happy ending that was still satisfying and consistent. If watching these three stars shine in youthful beauty sounds appealing, you could do much worse than Dhanwaan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment